Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, April 6, 2012

F is For Faith


I have found that faith is something that every writer should have in his or her self. If you do not have faith in yourself as a writer then it will show in your work. The result is that you will not be able to keep your reader interested in what you are trying to say. I think that once you establish that you are the best writer you can be then you will be able to enjoy writing much better.

Forget all the contests. Forget the possibility of becoming published. When you write, it should be just you and the story brewing in your head. You should be able to get lost in what you have to say. You should be able to disregard that nagging voice in your head that tells you that you cannot do it. It is only out to destroy your faith in yourself.

Remind yourself every day that your faith in yourself is strong. That you can do anything you set your mind to as a writer or any other area of your life. If you do this you will go far in writing and in your life.

13 comments:

  1. Hi, friend! Thanks for the pep talk! I don't expect to ever be published but I write because I must. It is all inside and has to come out. The only "publishing" of my work that takes place is the blog. :)
    Trying to hit all the A to Z bloggers at least once this month. Keep up the good work. Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great advice. We need to let go. Thanks, K.D.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't be here today without that faith in myself. You've reminded me I should be thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great minds think alike, they say. My F post is Faith too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. From your blog to my muses ear!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just lovely. Thanks for this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true! We all need to have a little faith in ourselves, no matter what it is we're doing. :)

    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I completely agree - too often do people get distracted from what's really important.


    Jamie
    Fellow A-Z bloggy buddy
    Mithril Wisdom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! I agree--especially when it comes to writing, it's easy to get lost in the hoopla around writing rather than actually doing the thing. Wise words!

    Cheers! From M. of Feed Me A Stray Cat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very true. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.