Search This Blog

Loading...

Saturday, April 7, 2012

G is for Growth




What I like most about writing is how it allows for growth. The more you write the more you discover about yourself because you see yourself in your writing. You see the person you are and the person you want to become. Through the characters you create, you see how you might handle certain situations.




I see the growth of myself with each story I write. I see the inner growth with each word that passes from my fingers to my keyboard. I know I have a long way to go. I also know that the only time we stop growing is the day we are buried into the ground. That is why I welcome the growth. No matter how painful it might seem at the time.

7 comments:

  1. It's true. There's a piece of me in every character that I create.

    Play off the Page

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually work to build characters that I cannot see myself in, but that also equals growth as a writer because it's frigging hard (and I don't think I've ever actually been successful)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think sometimes when I write the person I would like to be comes out- writing is so great for personal growth, it's true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we grow technically as writers the more we write.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the same as Mary - each of my characters has a piece of me in them. Just don't read them altogether, I'd come across as quite strange :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe you're right about this. Writing can be very good therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree. Writing is self-discovery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.