Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, April 9, 2012

H is For



There are quite a few words that start with H that describes me these days. Words that help push me forward as a writer and a person….

Headstrong- When people tell you that you can’t do something in life. When you are so tired that you can’t blink. When the odds are stacked against you that is when you become head strong.
You push through it. You prove to yourself that you can beat the odds. That if you write just a few more words you can go to sleep. You tell yourself that you can do it no matter what anyone thinks. This is being headstrong in a positive way.

Hardwork- A lot of people I know have expressed that writing is easy and anyone can do it. It isn’t easy. Writing is hardwork and requires that you put in the hours. For me as a writer I have to write every day or I feel as if something off. If I am lucky I bond with the characters and the story. I go on the emotional roller coaster and in the end feel the sadness and joy when it’s over. Writing is not for the lazy.

Horror- This is my dream field to write in. I am a morbid person who has had a morbid life and has experienced morbid events at an early age. From sitting in a drive in at the age of four and watching the Exorcist for a month straight (They said it is the quietest I have ever been in my life and they wonder how I became so weird and dark). I saw a car flatten a relative at the age of three and a half. I was in the bed with my grandma when she died when I was four and a half. I was meant to be the queen of horror.

Hunger- You have to have a certain type of hunger to be a writer. A hunger to create. A hunger to see your words on page. A hunger to be the best writer you can be.

12 comments:

  1. Eek, you've had some horrible experiences, especially so young!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah and it has had it's affect on me. I can't watch the Excorist. I freak when someone is working under a car with a car jack around me. My boyfriend has woke up to me placing a mirror under his nose when he is sleeping (he has a heart condition)but overall I am ok. At least that is what the voices in my head claim LMAO!

      Delete
    2. and yes I use humor to cope :)

      Delete
  2. All great H-words for a writer.

    Look forward to your challenge run…
    --Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2012

    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for dropping by and I am glad you enjoyed my piece. Have a great day :)

      Delete
  3. Being headstrong is definitely important - my mum told me very early on that I should just get a proper job and forget about writing! I didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to use the the letter H to describe yourself!
    So sorry about the horror, hard on a child to experience that type of trauma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have truly experienced some horrible things ... and so young. You have the right attitude, though, if you can use humor to cope. Good for you!
    I can't image anyone thinking that writing is easy. I've tried. I suck at it. I can't seem to put into words the fantastic story that's in my head. LOL!
    Great "H" post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love when people think writing is easy. I always want to tell them to go ahead and give a try and then get back to me... :)

    Happy A-Z!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have certainly seen a lot--writing is plain hard sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  8. K.D., you should be well equipped to write horror. I'm horrified just reading your blog. I saw the Exorcist in my late teens and it scared the heck outta me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you were to put together a writing toolkit of words....those would be excellent choices! Great post!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.