Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Q is for Quit


On a regular bases I have people tell me that I should quit writing. Not because I don’t have talent but because it is a hard career. I have been told that it is by luck that people make a living writing. They say that it’s a hard road of rejection and self-loathing.



I have never taken the easy road in life. I have been drawn to the path that is a bit bumpier to travel. I am not afraid of rejection and any other form of mental cruelty just gives me more to write about in a future poem, story, or journal entry. For me to just quit on a dream that is within my reach is to quit on myself. That is something that I will never do.

5 comments:

  1. If we quit...they win.

    I just heard that again in the X-Files movie.

    I refuse to give up.
    Great post.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Never give up on your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I am not usually one for taking the bumpy road, but the writing road is important enough that I will keep going. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had that before from my mum, who just didn't understand that writing is like breathing for me, and even if I never make a single penny, I'll still write.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.